“Our IP lawyers are best known for their ability to provide excellent and effective legal services covering the full spectrum of IP practice.”
In this knowledge-based age, the protection, enforcement and commercialization of Intellectual Property rights are indispensable to economic development. Our IP lawyers are best known for their ability to provide excellent and effective legal services covering the full spectrum of IP practice.
Our IP practice includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Prosecution of applications for the registration of trademarks and patents (inventions, utility models, industrial designs) and the deposit/registration of copyrighted work;
- Protection of business models, trade secrets, and undisclosed information;
- IP commercialization, including negotiating, drafting, and reviewing agreements for licensing and franchising;
- Registration of technology transfer agreements with the Documentation, Information and Technology Transfer Bureau of the Philippine Intellectual Property Office (“IPO”);
- Conduct of IP due diligence, audit, and valuation of IP assets;
- Handling administrative, civil, and criminal cases on trademark, copyright, and patent infringement, and unfair competition; dispute settlement and mediation;
- Anti-piracy programs and intellectual property enforcement cases.
- Registration of food, cosmetics, and drugs with the Food and Drug Administration;
- Advising on compliance with food and drug-related laws and regulations, including product liability issues;
- Handling administrative, civil, and criminal cases concerning food and drug safety laws and regulations;
- Anti-piracy programs and intellectual property enforcement cases; and
- Border control (recordation and enforcement of IP rights with the Bureau of Customs).
Our IP Department directly provides value-added services, such as patent drafting and IP litigation, without need of outsourcing work to external consultants or general litigators.
Our lawyers have strong backgrounds in Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering, among others, which qualifications are further sharpened by participating in international courses such as the Patent Surgery Course administered by the World Intellectual Property Organization, the FICPI South East Asian Patent Drafting Course, and the technical courses sponsored by the Japan Patent Office.
Some of our lawyers are registered patent agents after passing the Patent Agent Qualifying Exam jointly administered by the IPO and the European Patent Office in the chemical and non-chemical fields. Our paralegals are likewise technical specialists with backgrounds in Applied Physics, Biology, and Healthcare.
While most Philippine IP firms are mere local agents of foreign applicants, we have taken a more proactive role and assisted local inventors, particularly those from state universities, file their patent applications locally and in other countries. We have also managed patent and trademark application filings in multiple jurisdictions for foreign clients.
Our patent practice is not limited to patent filings. Patent litigation is inevitable in patent protection. In this regard, our Patent Group allows the bridging of technical expertise and legal skills which enables us to formulate effective legal strategies in patent litigation.