The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) resumed operations at its Main Office in Pasay City on Wednesday, 1 July 2020, following the suspension of work from 26 to 30 June 2020 after four personnel tested positive for COVID-19.
The Commission, however, shall continue operating at limited capacity in view of the community quarantine and other health measures being implemented amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this light, the Commission issued the following guidelines to further avoid crowding at the SEC Main Office and minimize exposure of its workforce and stakeholders alike to COVID-19:
- The Commission shall resume accepting Audited Financial Statements (“AFS”) and the General Information Sheet (“GIS”) primarily through the SEC Express Nationwide Submission (“SENS”) facility.
- Submissions to the SEC Main Office shall be made through courier services, express delivery services or through registered mail using the SENS facility.
- Corporations, which held their annual stockholders’ meeting during the Enhanced Community Quarantine and Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine in the National Capital Region, may submit their GIS until 31 August 2020.
- Corporations may continue submitting scanned copies of their reports, letters and other documents through email. The reports, letters or documents shall be considered received by the Commission on the date reflected in the Acknowledgment Receipt that the concerned department or office shall send through email. Printed copies may be submitted after the prescribed deadlines.
- Corporations outside the National Capital Region may continue filing their reports to the SEC Extension Offices. Please note however that the SEC-Cebu Extension Office shall be closed while Cebu City remains under Enhanced Community Quarantine.
The Commission shall make further adjustments in its operations when necessary.
The public may send their queries to the departments and offices concerned at the email addresses here.