Miguel U. Silos
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Mr. Silos is a Senior Partner in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department. He has successfully litigated cases in the areas of civil, labor, commercial & criminal litigation, bank fraud, debt restructuring, international trade, taxation as well as arbitration & alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Silos earned his Juris Doctor degree with honors from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 1998. He holds a Master of Laws degree from the Georgetown University Law Center where he was a fellow in the Institute of International Economic Law. His undergraduate studies were at the Ateneo de Manila University where he was a merit scholar.
His journal article, “A Re-Examination of the Doctrine of Condonation of Public Officers”, Philippine Law Journal Vol. 84, September 2009 was cited as authority by the Supreme Court in the landmark case of Carpio Morales vs. Court of Appeals, G.R. No. 217126, 10 November 2015.
- “WTO Dispute Settlement: A Brief History”, Business Mirror, 23 June 2009
- “The CDM and wind power: Not just a lot of hot air”, Business Mirror, 22 April 2008
- “Decriminalizing Libel is not the Solution”, Newsbreak Magazine, June 2008
- Supreme Court approved lectures in Presentation of Evidence and International Arbitration before the Office of the Government Corporate Counsel
- Lectures on Libel Law before the Economic Journalists Association
- Lectures on Debt Restructuring and Medical Malpractice before various fora