Miguel U. Silos
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Mr. Silos is a Senior Partner in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department. He has successfully litigated cases in the areas of civil, labor, commercial & criminal litigation, bank fraud, debt restructuring, international trade, taxation as well as arbitration & alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Silos earned his Juris Doctor degree with honors from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 1998. He holds a Master of Laws degree from the Georgetown University Law Center where he was a fellow in the Institute of International Economic Law. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management at the Ateneo de Manila University where he was a merit scholar.
Mr. Silos has been awarded a Leading Individual for Dispute Resolution in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 successively since 2016, a Dispute Resolution Star by Benchmark Litigation and a Global Law Expert for Litigation. His journal publication on the doctrine of condonation was cited as an authority by the Supreme Court in the precedent-setting case of Carpio-Morales vs. Court of Appeals, G.R. No. 217126 (10 November 2015).
- “WTO Dispute Settlement: A Brief History”, Business Mirror, 23 June 2009
- “The CDM and wind power: Not just a lot of hot air”, Business Mirror, 22 April 2008
- “Decriminalizing Libel is not the Solution”, Newsbreak Magazine, June 2008
- Supreme Court approved lectures in Presentation of Evidence and International Arbitration before the Office of the Government Corporate Counsel
- Lectures on Libel Law before the Economic Journalists Association
- Lectures on Debt Restructuring and Medical Malpractice before various fora