“Our IP lawyers are best known for their ability to provide excellent and effective legal services covering the full spectrum of IP practice.”
In this knowledge-based age, the protection, enforcement and commercialization of Intellectual Property rights are indispensable to economic development. Our IP lawyers are best known for their ability to provide excellent and effective legal services covering the full spectrum of IP practice.
Our IP practice includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Prosecution of applications for the registration of trademarks and patents (inventions, utility models, industrial designs) and applications for issuance of copyright deposit;
- Protection of business models, trade secrets and undisclosed information; IP commercialization, which includes negotiating, drafting and reviewing agreements for licensing and franchising;
- Registration of technology transfer agreements with the Documentation, Information and Technology Transfer Bureau of the Philippine Intellectual Property Office;
- Conduct of IP due diligence and audit of IP assets;
- Registration of food, cosmetics and drugs with the Food and Drug Administration;
- Handling administrative, civil and criminal cases on trademark, copyright and patent infringement and unfair competition; dispute settlement; mediation involving IP rights; and
- Anti-piracy programs and intellectual property enforcement cases.
Our IP Department is also the rare practice that is able to directly provide value-added services, such as patent drafting and IP litigation, without need of outsourcing work to external consultants or general litigators. This unique capability is what enables our IP Department to render prompt, responsive and effective legal services to our clients.
While most Philippine IP firms are mere local agents of foreign applicants, we have taken a more proactive role and assisted local inventors, particularly those from state universities, file their patent applications locally and in other countries. We have also managed patent and trademark application filings in multiple jurisdictions for foreign clients.
Our patent practice is not limited to patent filings. Patent litigation is inevitable in patent protection. In this regard, our Patent Group allows the bridging of technical expertise and legal skills which enables us to formulate effective legal strategies in patent litigation.